Resumen del artículo
Germany and holders France, the most successful nations in the competition's history, have completed the eight-team line-up for the 2017 WU19 EURO.
Article top media content
Cuerpo del artículo
The line-up for the 2017 UEFA European Women's Under-19 Championship in Northern Ireland is now confirmed after Germany and holders France – the most successful teams in the competition's history – confirmed their places.
Who has qualified?
England, France (best runners-up), Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Northern Ireland (hosts), Scotland, Spain
Did you know?
- The final eight include six former winners: Germany (4 titles), France (4), England (1), Italy (1), Netherlands (1) and Spain (1).
- Holders France qualified as the group runners-up with the best record against the teams first and third in their section.
- Northern Ireland will be the 29th nation represented in WU19 EURO finals.
- Spain have finished runners-up in each of the past three seasons, and four of the last five.
- This will be Spain's fourth successive finals appearance, the longest current run.
- Scotland have not progressed beyond the group stage in four previous finals appearances.
- Spain (six games), England (3) and Germany (3) all advanced to Northern Ireland with 100% records. Spain amassed 39 goals, conceding just two. The Netherlands (6 games) and England weren't breached once.
What happens next?
The draw is in Belfast on 22 June, when the teams will be split into two groups of four for the finals in Northern Ireland from 8 to 20 August. The top two from each section advance to the semi-finals.